In a move that's fairly common in the iOS gaming world, EA has announced that it will be eliminating support for the Simpsons: Tapped Out on older iPhones and iPod Touches. On December 5, 2012, "online services" will be shutdown for the Simpsons: Tapped Out on first and second generation iPhones or iPod Touches, but anyone with a newer device will still be able to play the game as normal.
While this isn't huge news in and of itself, it does allows us to speculate as to the reasoning for why. Could this mean that the Simpsons: Tapped Out will be receiving a major update in the future that utilizes features of newer iDevices that first and second generations simply don't offer / can't handle? It's likely that the amount of users this closure impacts is small, and if the amount of new features outweighs the loss, then hopefully that's something we should all be able to handle in the long run.
We've reached out to EA for comment on what this means for the future of the Simpsons: Tapped Out, and will update this space if we hear back.
In the meantime, let us know what you think about this service closure in the comments! Do you still use a first or second generation iPhone or iPod Touch? If so, will you be sad to see the Simpsons: Tapped Out lose support from EA? Sound off in the comments!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 4 leak-proof period panty brands to shop so accidents are a thing o…
- TikToker uses lava to cook a steak, and the results are unbelievable!
- These mini nut butter cups are easy and fun to make
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card