In the lead-up to this election, several CEOs sent email blasts to their staff, urging them to vote for Mitt Romney or brace for a bloodbath of layoffs. But with Barack Obama now president for another four years, will these employers or others follow through on their warnings? Fox News thinks so, announcing in a headline on their website Friday, "Obama Reelection Triggers Massive Layoffs Across America." But so far that claim seems very unlikely.
The CEOs of Westgate Resorts (pictured above), ASG Software Solutions, uniform-maker Cintas Corp., and paper company Georgia-Pacific all gave slightly different reasons why an Obama victory might threaten their employees' livelihoods, including regulations, taxes, expenses from the new health care law, and the general state of the economy. But all of them agreed that another four years of Obama would slash their profit margin, and that pain would inevitability trickle down to their workers.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold