In the lead-up to this election, several CEOs sent email blasts to their staff, urging them to vote for Mitt Romney or brace for a bloodbath of layoffs. But with Barack Obama now president for another four years, will these employers or others follow through on their warnings? Fox News thinks so, announcing in a headline on their website Friday, "Obama Reelection Triggers Massive Layoffs Across America." But so far that claim seems very unlikely.
The CEOs of Westgate Resorts (pictured above), ASG Software Solutions, uniform-maker Cintas Corp., and paper company Georgia-Pacific all gave slightly different reasons why an Obama victory might threaten their employees' livelihoods, including regulations, taxes, expenses from the new health care law, and the general state of the economy. But all of them agreed that another four years of Obama would slash their profit margin, and that pain would inevitability trickle down to their workers.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program