By Minyanville Staff
The real heroes in any disaster are the first responders, public servants, and neighbors who rush in to serve, saving lives. In the past few days, as New York and New Jersey have faced an unprecedented storm, private sector corporations have also stepped in, lending support and services to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Although their motivations might not always be pure, their actions deserve recognition.
As can be expected, however, the storm has also unveiled a few unsavory characters, merchants ready to profit from the storm or those looking for a way to promote a private agenda. As the Hurricane Sandy recovery and rescue efforts continue, here's a look at some of the emerging corporate heroes, antiheroes, and villains of the ongoing story.
Get info on stocks mentioned in this article:
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Refinance rates at 2.23% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Simple Mortgage Math May Save You Thousands
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, get $200 fast with this top card
- 4 cards charging 0% interest until 2022
- Experts say these are the best cards for 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program