Bankruptcy Lease Auction* - GA Keen Realty Advisors Markets DAFFY'S Retail Sites in New York, New Je
Bankruptcy Lease Auction* - GA Keen Realty Advisors Markets DAFFY'S Retail Sites in New York, New Jersey
-Former Daffy's retail locations offer strategic locations, flagship potential-
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- GA Keen Realty Advisors, a division of Great American Group, Inc. (OTCBB: GAMR), is marketing several world-class lease opportunities that offer strategic retail locations in New York City and surrounding areas and boroughs, along with three sites in northeastern New Jersey.
GA Keen Realty Advisors has been retained by Jericho Acquisitions I, LLC and Aurora Capital Associates to market the remaining 11 former Daffy's high-fashion discount stores as part of a bankruptcy lease auction, according to GA Keen Realty Advisors Co-President Harold Bordwin.
"All sites are available at below-market lease rates and are in strategic locations with flagship potential, which make these properties desirable for retailers who want to make inroads into New York City and its adjacent markets," Bordwin said.
The retail spaces range from 17,000 to 54,000 square feet in size and are at the following locations:
- Route 1 and Route 9 North, Elizabeth, New Jersey
- 165 Route 4 West, Paramus, New Jersey (Paramus Place)
- 215 Route 46 West, Totowa, New Jersey (Totowa Shopping Center)
- 2146 Bartow Ave., Bronx, New York (Bay Plaza)
- 88-01 Queens Blvd., Elmhurst, New York (Queens Place)
- 1900 Northern Blvd., Manhasset, New York
- 335 Madison Ave. at 44th St., New York City
- 135 East 57th St., New York City
- 1775 Broadway at 57th St., New York City
- 229 West 43rd St., New York City
- 3 East 18th St., New York City
The bid deadline is Friday, Dec. 7 and an auction date is currently set for Wednesday, Dec. 12. All transactions are subject to bankruptcy court approval. "We have the ability to transact prior to the bid deadline so we encourage all interested parties to reach out to us immediately." For more information about the properties, contact Harold Bordwin at 646-381-9222 or email email@example.com.
Daffy's Inc., founded in 1961 and based in Secaucus, New Jersey, was known for selling national fashion brands at up to 80 percent off list prices. A victim of a fiercely competitive landscape that had already claimed rivals Syms and Filene's Basement, the company announced it was going out of business in July.
GA Keen Realty Advisors provides real estate analysis, valuation and strategic planning services, brokerage, M&A, auction services, lease restructuring services and real estate capital market services. For more information, contact GA Keen Realty Advisors at (646) 381-9222 or visit http://www.greatamerican.com/services/real_estate/real_estate.html.
About Great American Group, Inc. (OTCBB: GAMR)
Great American Group is a leading provider of asset disposition and auction solutions, advisory and valuation services, capital investment, and real estate advisory services for an extensive array of companies. A trusted strategic partner at every stage of the business lifecycle, Great American Group efficiently deploys resources with sector expertise to assist companies, lenders, capital providers, private equity investors and professional service firms in maximizing the value of their assets. The company has in-depth experience within the retail, industrial, real estate, healthcare, energy and technology industries. The corporate headquarters is located in Woodland Hills, Calif. with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, N.C., Chicago, Dallas, New York, San Francisco and London. For more information, call (818) 884-3737 or visit www.greatamerican.com.
* Disclosure-Pursuant to an Order dated August 8, 2012, of the United States Bankruptcy Court presiding over the Chapter 11 case, Case #12-13312( MG) In Re Daffy's Inc. ("Daffy's"), Daffy's was authorized to sell certain assets to Jericho Acquisition I, LLC ("Jericho") including but not limited to its interest in certain real property leases. Jericho has retained GA Keen Realty Advisors, LLC and Keen Realty, LLC to conduct an auction in order to sell these real property leases acquired from Daffy's.
Great American Group
Connie Stevens, Marketing Manager
Mulberry Marketing Communications
Senior Account Executive
KEYWORDS: United States North America California New Jersey New York
The article Bankruptcy Lease Auction* - GA Keen Realty Advisors Markets DAFFY'S Retail Sites in New York, New Jersey originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.