If that isn't enough cross-promotional branding for you, I don't know what is. With the upcoming launch of Halo 4 on Xbox 360, mobile gamers everywhere are being given the chance to up their game before it even launches with Halo 4: King of the Hill on iOS. The geolocation app is much more comparable to other location services like Foursquare, rather than an actual video game, but it comes with plenty of bonuses that can be earned for your Halo 4 console experiences which can all be earned for free.
There's a major catch to this app, though, as it requires users to live near 7-Eleven convenience stores. When a player is in close proximity to a 7-Eleven (or even standing inside the store itself), they'll be given the chance to attack the "hill," and become the king by expending ammo. Ammo can be recharged by scanning bottles of Mountain Dew or bags of Doritos, so players can simply walk around their stores for a few minutes scanning the appropriate items, rather than actually purchasing them.
Rewards come in the form of Double XP matches in Halo 4, a premium theme for the Xbox 360 dashboard, emblems for the console game's multiplayer feature and even avatar props to show off to your friends. It's unfortunate that the rewards are so limited to players that can actually get to a 7-Eleven, as a more widespread chain would have been much more appropriate if everyone was supposed to have a fair chance (say, something like Walmart or Walgreens). As it stands though, this is one incredibly interesting experience that will likely open the door for similar events that cross the bridge between console and mobile gamers in the future.
Click here to download Halo 4: King of the Hill on iTunes >
Have you tried Halo 4: King of the Hill, or do you not live near a 7-Eleven to take advantage of this promotion? Sound off in the comments!
- Latest mortgage news: Rates stay below 7% as inflation cools
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From the Bank – Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Harry And Meghan May Return To The Crown Under One Condition
- Amazon Employees Revealed The Truth About Working In The Warehouse
- What The Cast Of A Christmas Story Looks Like Now
- 7 Mistakes People Make When Hiring Financial Advisors
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Prices are so low at the Gap Factory Cyber Monday sale — you have t…
- The 7 best Wayfair Cyber Monday deals everyone will want to shop today
- This gardening tool lets you weed your yard without bending over — gra…
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Cards For Winter 2022
- 3 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024