If that isn't enough cross-promotional branding for you, I don't know what is. With the upcoming launch of Halo 4 on Xbox 360, mobile gamers everywhere are being given the chance to up their game before it even launches with Halo 4: King of the Hill on iOS. The geolocation app is much more comparable to other location services like Foursquare, rather than an actual video game, but it comes with plenty of bonuses that can be earned for your Halo 4 console experiences which can all be earned for free.
There's a major catch to this app, though, as it requires users to live near 7-Eleven convenience stores. When a player is in close proximity to a 7-Eleven (or even standing inside the store itself), they'll be given the chance to attack the "hill," and become the king by expending ammo. Ammo can be recharged by scanning bottles of Mountain Dew or bags of Doritos, so players can simply walk around their stores for a few minutes scanning the appropriate items, rather than actually purchasing them.
Rewards come in the form of Double XP matches in Halo 4, a premium theme for the Xbox 360 dashboard, emblems for the console game's multiplayer feature and even avatar props to show off to your friends. It's unfortunate that the rewards are so limited to players that can actually get to a 7-Eleven, as a more widespread chain would have been much more appropriate if everyone was supposed to have a fair chance (say, something like Walmart or Walgreens). As it stands though, this is one incredibly interesting experience that will likely open the door for similar events that cross the bridge between console and mobile gamers in the future.
Click here to download Halo 4: King of the Hill on iTunes >
Have you tried Halo 4: King of the Hill, or do you not live near a 7-Eleven to take advantage of this promotion? Sound off in the comments!
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Save on La Mer, Jo Malone and more luxury beauty brands during the …
- New dads vs. experienced dads — hilarious TikTok couple show the diffe…
- 5 jeans under $60 to get from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card