By Joshua Berlinger
The research firm Wealth-X recently released a report listing the richest person in each U.S. state.
This new rich list shows that 41 states are home to billionaires who obtained their wealth in diverse ways, ranging from the financial sector to energy to media, according to the Daily Mail.
Unsurprisingly, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison nabbed the top spots for their states.
The report found that California and New York are the states with the highest number of mega-millionaires, while Vermont and New Hampshire have not produced a single billionaire.
Here are the richest U.S. residents, in ascending order of wealth.
More from Business Insider:
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus