Officially, it's illegal for employers to discriminate against pregnant workers, but in practice, pregnancy discrimination is common, according to the Employment Opportunity Commission statistics. Brandi Cochran, a model on "The Price Is Right" game show from 2002 to 2008, claims that she is part of this trend, saying that she was illegally fired and subjected to insults after she became pregnant.
One incident that Cochran (pictured above) recalled was when she walked past a "Price Is Right" producer, who proceeded to remark, "wide load coming through." The model's civil lawsuit finally went to trial in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday. (The complaint does not specify the amount of damages Cochran is seeking.)
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- Ready To Travel Again? These Cards Will Take You There.
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program