Quest Software Expands Its Big Data Solution with New Hadoop-Centric Software Capabilities for Busin
Quest Software Expands Its Big Data Solution with New Hadoop-Centric Software Capabilities for Business Analytics
- Complete solution includes application development, data replication, and data analysis
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hadoop World 2012-Quest Software, Inc.(now part of Dell) announced three significant product releases today aimed at helping customers more quickly adopt Hadoop and exploit their Big Data. When used together, the three products offer a complete solution that addresses the greatest challenge with Hadoop: the shortage of technical and analytical skills needed to gain meaningful business insight from massive volumes of captured data. Quest builds on its long history in data and database management to open the world of Big Data to more than just the data scientist.
- Kitenga Analytics ─ Based on the recent acquisition of Kitenga, Quest Software now enables customers to analyze structured, semi-structured and unstructured data stored in Hadoop. Available immediately, Kitenga Analytics delivers sophisticated capabilities, including text search, machine learning, and advanced visualizations, all from an easy-to-use interface that does not require understanding of complex programming or the Hadoop stack itself. With Kitenga Analytics and the Quest Toad® Business Intelligence Suite, an organization has a complete self-service analysis environment that empowers business and systems analysts across a variety of backgrounds and job roles.
- Toad for Hadoop ─ Quest Software expands support for Hadoop in the upcoming release of Toad® for Hadoop. With more than two million users, and ranked No. 1 in Database Development and Optimization for three consecutive years by IDC , Toad has been enhanced to help database developers and DBAs bridge the gap between what they already know about relational database management systems and the new world of Hadoop. Toad will provide query and data management functionality for Hadoop, as well as an interface to perform data transfers using the Quest Hadoop Connector. Like Toad for any other platform, Toad for Hadoop makes the lives of developers, DBAs, and analysts easier and more productive.
- SharePlex with Hadoop Capabilities ─ Quest Software adds Hadoop capabilities to the next release of SharePlex® for Oracle, its robust, high-performance Oracle-to-Oracle database replication technology. For enterprise mission-critical systems that must always be available, the new release will seamlessly create multiple copies of Oracle data for movement simultaneously to both another Oracle environment and Hadoop, with no downtime. Customers can choose how they optimize Oracle and Hadoop environments based on data requirements, such as high availability; analytics and reporting; image and text processing; and general archiving. The architecture allows for scalable data distribution on-premise, in the cloud, and across multiple data centers without a single point of failure.
Transform Diverse Big Data into Actionable Intelligence
- The new Kitenga Analytics software from Quest is designed for non-programmer business professionals, taking distributed information processing out of the IT laboratory and putting it into the realm of business analysts, who can attack Big Data problems using familiar, drag-and-drop tools. Advantages of Quest Kitenga Analytics include:
- Removing the complexities of Hadoop, MapReduce and other technical aspects of massive-scale computing, and focusing instead on workflow pipelines to achieve specific analysis and data mining results
- Transforming Big Data content mining problems into consumable analysis with a user-centered environment for developing content-mining workflows
- Combining ranked search and auto-suggest views with the ability to analyze and make sense ofhuge amounts of unstructured information, so the analyst receives not just a ranked list, but also an intelligent, analysis-based view of their query
- Filling Big Data intelligence needs for diverse requirement encompassing sales/marketing; financial; intellectual property management; network data; legal informatics; and media content.
Pricing and Availability:
- The Quest Kitenga Analytics solution and Toad for Hadoop will be demonstrated in booth 39 at Hadoop World, Oct. 23-25, in New York City.
- The packaged Kitenga solution will be available beginning at Hadoop World, with North American pricing at $50,000 per seat.
- Pricing and availability for Toad for Hadoop and Shareplex with Hadoop Capabilities are expected to be available in January, 2013.
- Darin Bartik, vice president and general manager, Database Management, Quest Software (now part of Dell)
"I'm really excited about these new solutions. Our customers want to adopt Hadoop faster because of the cost savings it offers over traditional data management technologies. But, Hadoop alone is not the answer, and neither is a data warehouse, or an existing corporate BI implementation. Customers want easy-to-use, self-service analytics to extract intelligence from data, no matter what systems they use or where the data is stored. And, they need tools to help existing staff manage both the new and old systems together. Simply put, that's exactly what we're delivering."
- John Igoe, executive director, Open Source Cloud and Big Data Solutions, Dell
"With Quest, Dell is committed to providing our customers with solutions that harness Big Data, and bring the best return on their vast information and data assets. The new Big Data analytics toolset helps find hidden patterns and other unknown information that traditional BI solutions can't see in large amounts of traditional and non-traditional data, enabling organizations to make decisions that deliver better business results."
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
 IDC, Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools 2010 Vendor and Segment Analysis, Doc # 232122, December 2011.
About Quest Software (now a part of Dell)
Dell Inc. (NAS: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Quest, now a part of Dell's Software Group, provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management. For more information, visit http://www.quest.com or http://www.dell.com.
About Dell Software
Dell Software helps customers of every size take advantage of new technologies and address organizational challenges to grow their businesses and remain competitive. For more than a decade, Dell has been making strategic software acquisitions and partnering in the industry to support and enable the hardware and services solutions it provides to customers. In 2012, Dell formed a dedicated software division to extend its capabilities in software IP and total solutions offerings. Dell security, systems management, business intelligence and application software draw on the strength of Dell's distribution capabilities and reputation to help clients in every industry achieve better business outcomes.
Join us at Dell World 2012 - The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more atwww.DellWorld.comor follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Quest, Quest Software, Toad, SharePlex, and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries.All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Quest Software, Inc. (part of Dell)
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York Texas
The article Quest Software Expands Its Big Data Solution with New Hadoop-Centric Software Capabilities for Business Analytics originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.