Congrats to @GBRSportingClub for submitting this week's #housepornthurs winner! And a shout-out to runner-up @cbrci (Coldwell Banker RCI) for throwing their hat in the ring as well!
One of a cluster of luxury homes at Greenbrier Resort, this mountain home faces the third-hole fairway of The Greenbrier golf course. The Greenbrier, established in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va., in 1778, is a historic resort that has drawn vacationers keen on enjoying the wide array of activities offered by its environs for well over 200 years.
Dubbed "Traveller's Hill 17," the home is named after Gen. Robert E. Lee's horse, which was born in the area. The four-bedroom, four-bathroom home, listed for $2.95 million, has an earthy, outdoor feel, with walnut flooring, maple cabinets and poplar board ceilings.
Stretching 6,500 square feet, the home features a cavernous great room, along with four fireplaces, a recreation room, a brick wine cellar and a stone patio. There's also a bonus room located above the garage that could be converted into a fifth bedroom, the listing notes.
See the listing of this Greenbrier home.
This home is the winner of last week's #housepornthurs, a weekly Twitter conversation hosted by @aolrealestate. Tweet listings to AOL Real Estate with the hashtag #housepornthurs every Thursday for a chance to have one of your submissions featured as a House of the Day the following week.
Click on the images below to view other homes for sale in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va.:
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap