ACE USA's Excess Casualty Unit Expands Catastrophe Management Coverage
ACE USA's Excess Casualty Unit Expands Catastrophe Management Coverage
ACE Cat Management 2.5 Offers a Significant Extension of Limits and Innovative Benefits for U.S.-based Companies to Address Reputational Risks
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operations of the ACE Group, today announced that it has expanded its catastrophe management insurance products with the introduction of the ACE Cat Management 2.5SM endorsement by its ACE Excess Casualty Unit. This first-of-its kind endorsement is designed to supplement ACE's already expansive Catastrophe Management endorsement by offering up to $2.5 Million of additional limits to eligible insureds, and expanding the payments for managing threats to an insured's reputation and other expenses directly related to catastrophic events.
"Negative media coverage stemming from catastrophic casualty events presents challenges to companies seeking to mitigate losses and protect their reputations. In this era of skyrocketing social media networking activity, companies face increased reputational damage, particularly since information is disseminated without the benefit of verification prior to publication. As a result, companies must be prepared for the potential damage to reputation in addition to any underlying liability, when facing disparaging remarks posted in the public domain. They must restore trust amongst their stakeholders," said Carol Laufer, Executive Vice President, ACE Excess Casualty. "ACE is committed to providing current, comprehensive coverage to our clients, and this endorsement enables us to dramatically supplement our existing catastrophe management coverage so that companies can further enhance their globally-oriented catastrophe management plans."
ACE helps firms mitigate the financial and reputational risks associated with catastrophes, covering first-party catastrophe management expenses and providing access to a suite of umbrella liability products and other important benefits. Targeted industries include hospitality, real estate, manufacturing, electronic, service, wholesale distribution, financial institutions and energy.
"Most companies agree that it is useful to develop appropriate risk management strategies that go beyond merely managing insurance costs. They have come to understand that planning for catastrophic events and testing their catastrophe management plans can positively impact their people, financial position, and equity with stakeholders," said Lori Brassell-Cicchini, Vice President, ESIS Catastrophe Services.
Some benefits of the new endorsement include:
- A catastrophe management-specific aggregate limit of liability available for purchase of up to $2.5 Million, with premium and coinsurance associated with the additional limit
- 24/7 toll free access to notify ACE of the event and request coverage
- Synergy for clients who choose to purchase ESIS Catastrophe Services, the ACE Group's industry-leading catastrophe claim administration and crisis response management service
- Coverage for costs associated with securing the scene following a catastrophe management event, as well as affected emergency third-party funeral costs, psychological counseling costs and temporary living costs
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of injured persons and two family members or other traveling companions when adequate medical facilities are not available
- Coverage for the costs of testing by an independent laboratory to determine the cause of illness or disease from contamination of food
- Coverage for the costs of the employment of engineers, scientists or other professionals for the purposes of rescue or attempted rescue
- Coverage for costs for retaining a qualified public relations or crisis communications firm, for managing reputational risk
- Coverage for travel-related costs for directors, officers and others to manage the repercussions of the catastrophic event
- Broad ACE global network capabilities with ACE-owned offices and long-term network partners committed to ACE global standards in all major markets
This new endorsement is designed for companies whose ACE Excess Casualty unit's policies attach over a general liability primary policy or retention of $5 million in limits or higher. The endorsement is triggered when there is a catastrophic event resulting in traumatic bodily injury or severe property damage that is likely to result in damages covered by the lead excess policy. When supplemented by the ACE Umbrella Plus policy, ACE's Catastrophe Management endorsement supports a comprehensive risk management program.
ACE Excess Casualty, part of ACE USA, provides worldwide lead umbrella and excess liability insurance for U.S.-based multinational companies. ACE products are backed by substantial, financially secure capacity, and are designed to address global catastrophe exposures. For more information, please visit our website. Organized in 1953, ESIS®, Inc., (ESIS) provides customized risk management services. ESIS is part of the ACE Group, which is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company and AA- (Very Strong) by Standard & Poor's. For more information, please visit www.esis.com.
Insurance is provided by ACE Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Philadelphia, PA, or, in some jurisdictions, other insurance companies within the ACE Group. All products may not be available in all jurisdictions. The product information above is a summary only. The insurance policy actually issued contains the terms and limits of the contract. ESIS, Inc. has the ability to provide the catastrophe readiness and response services directly to customers on a fee-for-service basis.
ACE USA is the U.S.-based retail operating division of the ACE Group, headed by ACE Limited (NYS: ACE) , and is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company and A+ (Strong) by Standard & Poor's. ACE USA, through its underwriting companies, provides insurance products and services throughout the U.S. Additional information on ACE USA and its products and services can be found atwww.acegroup.com/us.
The ACE Group is one of the world's largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of the ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYS: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Additional information can be found at:www.acegroup.com.
ACE North America Communications
Carla Ferrara, 215-640-4744
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York Pennsylvania
The article ACE USA's Excess Casualty Unit Expands Catastrophe Management Coverage originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.