For years, VA hospitals have been outscoring private facilities in terms of customer satisfaction, and outperforming their peers in quality of care. But one 61-year-old Army veteran claims his body has been butchered due to negligent treatment at a VA medical center: He says an ice pack left on his penis led to frostbite, which led to gangrene, which led to a partial amputation, which has led to a lawsuit against the federal government for $10 million.
Michael Nash says that in October 2010 he went to the VA Medical Center in Louisville, Ky., for a penile prosthesis-placement procedure and circumcision. According to experts interviewed by CNN, it is standard after such an operation for an ice pack to be applied to the groin for two to four hours, between layers of gauze. But according to the lawsuit, a nurse left an ice pack directly on Nash's penis for approximately 19 hours.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program