Kudos to Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate for submitting this week's #housepornthurs victor, a mouth-watering New York City penthouse with jaw-dropping views. The home won by a landslide in a vote on our Facebook page against a worthy submission tweeted by Southampton Patch.
Towering over Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, the $12.95 million duplex features two expansive, sheltered terraces that stare out at the Big Apple's skyline. They offer especially breathtaking views of the Empire State Building and midtown Manhattan.
But perhaps the home's most over-the-top amenity is its "sky garage." It appears to be a lift that lets you park a car right outside the apartment's door. That way, you don't have to take an elevator downstairs and walk to your car. Instead, you walk to your car, and then take an elevator downstairs. Yup.
The 3,248-square-foot home has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, hardwood floors, soaring ceilings and offers access to a luxury gym. To top things off, the lavish apartment's perch over Chelsea Cove provides a visual reprieve from Manhattan's sprawl.
@DouglasElliman has the listing.
This home is the winner of last week's #housepornthurs, a weekly Twitter conversation hosted by @aolrealestate. Tweet listings to AOL Real Estate with the hashtag #housepornthurs every Thursday for a chance to have one of your submissions featured as a House of the Day the following week.
See more Houses of the Dayon AOL .
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap