Quest Software Announces Anytime, Anywhere Access to Toad for Oracle
Quest Software Announces Anytime, Anywhere Access to Toad for Oracle
New Version Responds to the Changing IT Landscape with Improved Mobility & Collaboration
ALISO VIEJO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- IT team members are increasingly demanding access to the information and resources they need to do their jobs anywhere, from any device. According to Forrester Research , 66 percent of North American and European Union workers are mobile. This is coupled with the dramatic change in the IT landscape ─ including added layers of complexity, and administrative and business intelligence requirements ─ caused by the emergence of Big Data and related technologies. As a result, DBAs and developers frequently are challenged to meet their job requirements away from the office. Quest Software(now a part of Dell) today announced it has responded to this demand with Toad® for Oracle 11.6, providing anywhere access to select functionality in the fastest, most flexible version of the industry's leading productivity tool for Oracle database professionals.
Tweet This: .@Quest Toad for Oracle,the no.1 productivity tool for developers and DBAs, now provides anywhere access, from any device http://bit.ly/UyJ2Df
- Quest Toad for Oracle 11.6 enables mobility for database professionals, combining remote access and execution, and an easier way for development to collaborate on coding standards. It features 64-bit Oracle support for speed and flexibility, and also is available in anew Exadata edition that provides a unique and complete view of the Oracle Exadata environment.
- New and enhanced features in all editions of Toad for Oracleinclude:
- Remote access and execution, which, for the first time, gives Toad users greater flexibility to access, view and execute Toad scripts via any mobile device, through a Web portal, enabling them to use Toad wherever, whenever they need to
- Setting synchronization, allowing Toad users to store important files online, where they can quickly access and restore Toad scripts and prevent data loss, and synchronize their Toad experience between multiple computers
- Sharing, by which all Toad users can access and share database scripts and Toad settings within Toad World. The Toad Community also can vote on their favorites, and comment on their usefulness. The first step toward new collaborative and social features that are expected to be incorporated into future Toad for Oracle versions
- 64-bit Oracle support, providing users with improved performance when connecting to 64-bit Oracle database environments
- Version control, now supporting IBM Rational ClearCase, a leading version control system, to help maintain the integrity between changes in the database and version control
- Expanded language support of Simplified Chinese for reports; Simplified Chinese, Korean and Japanese documentation also now available
- Toad for Oracle Pro, Xpert and Suiteseditions now include:
- Collaboration, extending code analysis functionality and allowing organizations to not just choose, create and implement coding rules, but also to share the rule sets across development teams for greater consistency in employing standards and best practices, resulting in higher-quality code
- New Toad DBA Suite for Oracle - Exadata Editionprovides:
- Spotlight® diagnostics of the Oracle Exadata environment. Provides a unique view into the relationship between database and storage, and identifies potential bottlenecks before they impact end users
- DB Admin Module with Database Health Check to help DBAs and DMAs ensure optimum Oracle Exadata configuration
- SQL Optimizer for more information in the SQL execution plans showing Oracle Exadata SQL offloading operations
- Benchmark Factory® for scalability and performance testing on Oracle Exadata RACs
Pricing and Availability:
- Toad for Oracle 11.6 is generally available, with North American pricing starting at $955 per seat.
- Darin Bartik, vice president and general manager, Database Management Solutions, Quest Software
"This Toad for Oracle release is unique in that it gives users the ability to remotely access and execute Toad scripts from any web-enabled or mobile device. Users also can store important scripts and settings online, and even synchronize across multiple computers to prevent data loss. Without a doubt, our new version of Toad for Oracle is the market's fastest and most flexible tool for development and administration. "
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
 Demystifying The Mobile Workforce, Forrester, TJ Keitt, June 7, 2011
About Quest Software (now a part of Dell)
Dell Inc. (NAS: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Quest, now a part of Dell's Software Group, provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management. For more information, visit http://www.quest.com or http://www.dell.com.
About Dell Software
Dell Software helps customers of every size take advantage of new technologies and address organizational challenges to grow their businesses and remain competitive. For more than a decade, Dell has been making strategic software acquisitions and partnering in the industry to support and enable the hardware and services solutions it provides to customers. In 2012, Dell formed a dedicated software division to extend its capabilities in software IP and total solutions offerings. Dell security, systems management, business intelligence and application software draw on the strength of Dell's distribution capabilities and reputation to help clients in every industry achieve better business outcomes.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software, Toad, Spotlight, Benchmark Factory and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries.All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Quest Software, Inc.
Maureen Miller, 613-270-1525
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Quest Software Announces Anytime, Anywhere Access to Toad for Oracle originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.