EnCase® eDiscovery v5 Empowers Legal Departments with Comprehensive Oversight of the Entire E-Discov
EnCase®eDiscovery v5 Empowers Legal Departments with Comprehensive Oversight of the Entire E-Discovery Process
- EnCase eDiscovery v5 Incorporates Powerful Review and Production Capabilities through One-Click Integration to Recently Acquired CaseCentral eDiscovery
- New User Interface and Workflow Enhancements Deliver the Most Intuitive and Powerful Legal Hold and Custodian Interviewing Capabilities
- Significant Performance Improvements Extend Collection and Processing Speed Leadership
PASADENA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Guidance Software Inc. (NAS: GUID) , the World Leader in Digital Investigations™, today announced EnCase® eDiscovery v5, the newest version of its industry-leading e-discovery software. Strengthening its "Leader" position in Gartner's 2012 Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery, Version 5 delivers a seamless integration with Guidance's CaseCentral, the pioneer of cloud-based e-discovery review and production. With this new release, EnCase eDiscovery v5 gives in-house counsel control and oversight of every phase of the electronic discovery process, from legal hold, collection, preservation, and early case assessment (ECA) to document review and production, significantly reducing the risk and cost of e-discovery.
"Organizations seeking enterprise-grade e-discovery applications often find disparate point products requiring extensive manual effort to integrate," said David Horrigan, Analyst for E-Discovery and Information Governance at 451 Research. "We believe EnCase eDiscovery's integration of behind-the-firewall legal hold, collection, preservation, and early case assessment with CaseCentral, Guidance's cloud review platform, makes perfect sense, as it addresses this issue with a platform combining forensics and review as well as cloud and on-premises capabilities."
With significant performance improvements delivered in v5 through new parallel processing capabilities and enhanced search and indexing algorithms, EnCase eDiscovery extends its long-standing leadership as the fastest collection and processing e-discovery product.
"When we acquired CaseCentral, we had a vision for an integrated platform that would enable corporate counsel to avoid the black box of outsourced e-discovery and to take control of the process, risks, and costs," said Victor Limongelli, Guidance Software President and CEO. "We've now delivered on that vision with an integrated product that offers one-click upload to our cloud review offering as part of a superior, controlled, and highly collaborative e-discovery environment. Moreover, with the increased speed, scalability and legal hold enhancements that we are delivering, EnCase eDiscovery v5 becomes the most intuitive, powerful, and manageable e-discovery product for corporate counsel departments."
Guidance Software eDiscovery Product Uniquely Lowers Costs and Increases Efficiency
Traditional approaches to e-discovery review have been cumbersome with a number of disadvantages. Chief among these are:
- Lack of transparency and visibility into the attorney review process
- Duplication of effort due to the inability to leverage past work product or collected ESI across matters
- Use of disparate e-discovery tools each comprising their own information silo, with collected data dispersed across multiple law firms and service providers with vastly differing security and control levels.
With the combination of EnCase eDiscovery and CaseCentral, organizations can streamline their e-discovery business process. The Guidance Software solution offers significant advantages by:
- Providing real time visibility and management oversight of the end-to-end e-discovery process
- Leveraging a unique multi-matter architecture that eliminates duplication of effort across cases and enabling e-discovery teams to re-use previous work product such as document coding and tagging or collected ESI.
- Delivering a comprehensive e-discovery product that seamlessly uploads document sets and their associated metadata and attorney work product to a centralized legal repository
About EnCase eDiscovery v5
EnCase eDiscovery v5 offers:
- A comprehensive, integrated e-discovery solution that exceeds corporate requirements for security, oversight, risk management, and compliance
- One-click upload to CaseCentral cloud review
- The fastest and most comprehensive collection and processing e-discovery product
- Both early and continuous case assessment, enabling legal teams to quickly obtain necessary facts at any time from pre-through post-collection phases
- The ability to use the secure, scalable, cloud review capabilities of CaseCentral while keeping collection and preservation close to data and its custodians
- Unparalleled search and identification capabilities for electronically stored information (ESI) across multiple digital platforms and devices
- De-duplication across cases and comparison of current cases to previous matters to ensure that documents withheld in one matter are never produced in another.
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCase® platform, with more than 40,000 licenses distributed worldwide, provides the foundation for government, corporate and law enforcement organizations to conduct thorough, network-enabled, and court-validated computer investigations of any kind, such as responding to e-discovery requests, conducting internal investigations, responding to regulatory inquiries or performing data and compliance auditing - all while maintaining the integrity of the data. The EnCase Enterprise platform is used by numerous Federal Civilian and Defense agencies, more than 60 of the Fortune 100, and thousands attend Guidance Software's renowned training programs annually. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.guidancesoftware.com.
EnCase®, EnScript®, FastBloc®, EnCE®, EnCEP®, CaseCentral®, CaseCentral eDiscovery Cloud® Guidance Software™ and Tableau™ are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Guidance Software in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights referenced in this press release are the property of their respective owners.
Guidance Software Inc.
Alex Andrianopoulos, 626-229-9191
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article EnCase® eDiscovery v5 Empowers Legal Departments with Comprehensive Oversight of the Entire E-Discovery Process originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.