Have you ever seen a celebrity's home and thought, "Of course they'd live there"? This was exactly our reaction when we laid eyes on the former Paris home of iconic Impressionist painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir. Located in the artist's hub that is Montmartre, it is exactly how we'd imagine the master painter's home to look like.
The country-style home boasts a charming, pastel-hued color theme, illuminated by ample sunlight streaming in through enormous windows. Floral wallpaper adorns the walls (not so chic now, but have you seen Renoir's paintings?), a playful contrast to dark oak floors. Expansive views over lush, unkempt gardens and the magnificent Sacre Coeur can be enjoyed from the idyllic outdoor patio. Though most of the features were renovations to the original home, the current owners could not have done a better job embodying Renoir's classic style and eye for detail.
That indoor pool doesn't hurt, either...
Thanks to our pals at Curbed for the tip!
Immobest International has the listing.
See more Houses of the Dayon AOL .
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- The Fastest Way to Pay off $10,000 in Credit Card Debt
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2023
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program