With total student loan debt long past the $1 billion mark, activists are doing all they can to put as many faces on the crisis as possible.
Their mission is simple: To convince Congress student loan debt should be dischargeable through personal bankruptcy.
"We want the world and our leaders in Washington to see these are not just numbers on a piece of paper," says Robert Applebaum, co-founder of studentdebtcrisis.org. "These are real people struggling day to day with student debt."
Through the end of September, Applebaum's site is running a video challenge asking borrowers to submit their student loan horror stories. Each video is then ranked by viewers.
View the top nine in the gallery below.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap