Story updated on Sept. 21 at 10:15 am.
Two Chrysler workers are dead after a fight at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit on Thursday morning, police said.
The incident began at around 7:55 a.m. Thursday when a male employee allegedly slit the throat of a coworker on the plant floor. Jeff Hunt was identified as the attacker, and Keith Readus as the victim, according to local press reports. Readus died on the spot. After the altercation, Hunt apparently immediately fled the Chrysler plant, according to local station WWJ-TV. The Jefferson North plant was immediately placed on lockdown, reported the Detroit News. (Grief counselors were invited onto the site to meet with the staff, as pictured above.) Shortly after, Hunt was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in a red Jeep Wrangler in nearby Belle Isle Park, which is on an island in the Detroit River.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap