A million bucks is a lot of money, and it can buya lot of house. So much so that you might be a little surprised.
We asked our friends at Realtor.com to pick out some of their favorite homes on the market for $1 million so we could see how much house you get for that price. We were pleasantly surprised to find these homes, which seem like they would be multimillion dollar pads, were a bit more reasonable -- if you consider a mil reasonable. Remember, it is still a tough real estate market out there.
Click through the gallery below to see what $1 million buys you.
Billionaire Bill Koch Builds His Own Wild West Town on His Colorado Ranch
Collector's Vegas Paradise: Space Capsule, Mayan Temple and More
Floor Plans of TV Homes
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program