A million bucks is a lot of money, and it can buya lot of house. So much so that you might be a little surprised.
We asked our friends at Realtor.com to pick out some of their favorite homes on the market for $1 million so we could see how much house you get for that price. We were pleasantly surprised to find these homes, which seem like they would be multimillion dollar pads, were a bit more reasonable -- if you consider a mil reasonable. Remember, it is still a tough real estate market out there.
Click through the gallery below to see what $1 million buys you.
Billionaire Bill Koch Builds His Own Wild West Town on His Colorado Ranch
Collector's Vegas Paradise: Space Capsule, Mayan Temple and More
Floor Plans of TV Homes
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold