By Scott Gamm
Sending your kids off to college is a bittersweet moment: You're excited that they're about to embark on a great journey, but you're sad to see them leave the house. While they'll be home for the major holidays and during the summer, your household undoubtedly changes as you're now considered an "empty nester."
MainStreet asked the design pros to weigh in on 10 DIY projects for empty nesters.
See more on TheStreet.com:
10 Best Cities for Bringing Up Baby
10 Best Retirement Cities in America
10 Best Family Cars of 2012
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- The Fastest Way to Pay off $10,000 in Credit Card Debt
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2023
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program