By Phil Keating
While millions of Americans lament the persistent rate of unemployment, now at 8.1 percent according to the August 2012 Department of Labor data, the frustration deepens for U.S. veterans.
After serving tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, putting their own lives on the line for their country, the unemployment rate for veterans is 10 percent. While that is down from the 2011 average of 12.1 percent, it remains substantially higher than that of the general population.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold