While the city-building genre contains a number of inherent similarities from game to game - the ability to construct homes, businesses, attractions and decorations, for instance - most games look different enough to avoid any major accusations of copycatting. With RockYou Asia and Mobage's newest iOS title CityLand, however, the game is almost identical to Zynga's CityVille.
CityLand allows users to take over the job of mayor, as they build a city on the coast from the ground up. A pier complete with shipping boats can rest on the shoreline, while themed businesses offer designs based on the products that they supply. Everything from the artwork to the quest manager looks like it could have been stripped from CityVille, right down to the experience point stars, energy lightning bolts and goods boxes.
Are the CityVille and CityLand identical enough for Zynga to take legal action? That remains to be seen, but if you'd like to try the game out in the meantime, you can now download it for free on iPhone or iPad via iTunes.
Click here to download CityLand on iTunes --->
What do you think of CityLand? Are the two games different enough to coexist? Sound off in the comments!
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Today only: Score up to 30% off Calphalon cookware on Amazon
- Dessert-inspired cocktails to satisfy your sweet tooth
- TikTokers share cozy casseroles for fall and winter
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021