While Facebook bubble-popping games are still incredibly popular, there's very little room for new entries into the genre, as most "new" gameplay mechanics have been seen or played before in one of the dozens of other games that came before. With Bubble Epic, we've seen yet another take on the same basic gameplay principles, as players make their way through a haunted forest, clearing rows and columns of bubbles along the way.
Each level in Bubble Epic sees you being challenged to clear at least 10 bubbles from the top row of the board, and you'll earn up to three stars based on the points you accumulated in that stage. As you make combos by matching three or more like-colored bubbles, which are shot from a haunted tree stump, you'll earn bonus points for each additional bubble that falls from the top of the screen.
Thankfully, you can swap between two active bubbles with the press of the space bar, making things a bit easier along the way. You're still limited in the overall number of bubbles you'll have to shoot, but some other bubble-popping games don't offer this swapping mechanic, so Bubble Epic earns points there.
At the beginning of each stage, you can also purchase power-ups using the coins you'll earn simply by playing. These power-ups mainly give you the chance to add more bubbles to your gun before you fail a level entirely or give you bonus points right from the beginning of a stage. And of course, your score in each level will be compared to those of your friends via the in-game leaderboard.
You'll eventually start to earn collectibles as you play Bubble Epic, but this small enhancement does little to make the game an instant recommendation. There are simply too many other bubble games to choose from, that your friends are likely already playing, to make this one worthwhile. Bubble Epic is unfortunately a case of "too little, too late" in an incredibly crowded genre.
Click here to try Bubble Epic on Facebook --->
Have you tried Bubble Epic on Facebook? What do you think of this spooky bubble-popping game on Facebook? Does it do enough differently to encourage you to play? Sound off in the comments!
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Dessert-inspired cocktails to satisfy your sweet tooth
- TikTokers share cozy casseroles for fall and winter
- 19-year-old artist elevates plain jean jackets with hand-painted celeb…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021