By Kimberly Palmer
When Jeff Frederick lost his architecture job back in 2008, he quickly made up for some of his lost income by finding freelance architecture projects on Elance.com, a website for online freelancers. His wife was already using the site to earn extra cash as a writer, and he found a steady stream of architecture-related projects. "I bid on some jobs there and started getting them, and it helped sustain us through the downtime," says Frederick, who lives in Troy, Mich.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap