Invest Better Day Contest Terms
INVEST BETTER DAY CONTEST TERMS
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The contest will begin on September 4, 2012 and end at midnight on September 18, 2012. To enter the contest, you must submit a link to an original YouTube video of no longer than 3 minutes telling us how investing has made a difference in your life (the "Submission(s)").
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the US and Canada, excluding Quebec, over the age of 18. Minors under the age of 18 must first obtain their parents' or guardians' written permission in order for their Submissions to be considered. Employees, affiliates, and contractors, and their families, of The Motley Fool, LLC or any of their affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: Employees of The Motley Fool will judge this contest. Submissions will be judged on their creativity and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
- PRIZE: The winner will receive a cash prize of $5,000.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Participants hereby grant TMF a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, sublicense, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant TMF the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to their Submission in order to grant such license.
- The Motley Fool is under no obligation to use any Submission.
- The contest winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification as well as complete and return a W-9 or W-8 for tax purposes. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these official rules. The Motley Fool in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of this Web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Motley Fool is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- WINNERS LIST: The winner's name may be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Invest Better Day Contest, The Motley Fool, LLC, 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
This contest is not affiliated with, or endorsed or administered by Google, Inc.
The article Invest Better Day Contest Terms originally appeared on Fool.com.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.