Recently, British writer Steve Boggan followed a $10 bill for a month, tracking its movements as it passed from person to person across America. In that time, as Boggan documented in his Twitter feed and in a later book, his sawbuck went from construction workers to grocery stores, bartenders to bankers, flowing through dozens of hands.
Forget flags and fireworks: When it comes to things that really hold America together, few things beat the little scraps of green and black paper that we keep in our pockets. These tiny pictures of Presidents and patriots pay for our necessities and feed our dreams, but how much do we really know about them? While researching U.S. currency, we compiled this little quiz. If you've ever wondered about the bills in your pocket, take a peek!
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus