Susan Ricker, CareerBuilder
It's pretty likely that you've kept an eye on how close payday is before, but have you ever had to create a game plan for how to make it until your next paycheck hits your account? If it feels like your money gets spent before you even see it, you're not alone: According to a new CareerBuilder survey, 40% of Americans say they rely on their next payday to make ends meet.
But before you start sweating about the economy, know that this number is actually down since the recession-era high of 46% in 2008.
Want to find out how you stack up against other spenders and savers? See what's happening in the wallets and piggy banks of other Americans with our infographic on living paycheck to paycheck.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap