If you haven't been following along with EA's news from the Gamescom convention this week, you've missed out on some pretty big news concerning The Simpsons: Tapped Out on iOS (you know, that game that released and then crashed and burned under server issues, causing it to be removed from the App Store). Specifically, the news concerns a relaunch of the game in North America, which will happen "soon." Fortunately for Canadian gamers, Tapped Out has already relaunched on the iTunes App Store, allowing you to jump back into Springfield once more.
After downloading a fairly substantial update, gamers will be forced to repeat the game's tutorial section, even if they never deleted the app in the first place. But don't worry, your previous in-game progress is still safe, so long as you logged into EA's Origin service prior to this relaunch. After the tutorial, just log back into Origin (via the game's social screen), and the game will reload with your saved version of Springfield intact. Unfortunately, if you didn't log in with Origin, it appears all of your work is now lost to the ether.
To compensate for the many issues players have experienced since the Simpsons: Tapped Out originally launched last February, all players are being given 60 free Donuts, the game's premium currency. Does that make up for the time some players lost on Springfields that will never be recovered? Perhaps, but hopefully this will ultimately serve as a lesson for developers everywhere to test their servers under heavy strain before releasing them to the public at large, especially when dealing with a license as popular as the Simpsons.
Click here to download the Simpsons: Tapped Out on the Canadian iTunes Store --->
Are you ready to try the Simpsons: Tapped Out once again, or have you tapped out entirely due the game's previous server issues? Sound off in the comments!
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- What ‘below deck’ food is like on a cruise ship: ‘Dear God, I’d nev…
- The Korean Vegan shares how going vegan has changed her life in unexpe…
- Conceal and highlight like a pro with this tutorial
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021