MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Google said Monday that it will cut about 4,000 jobs at its Motorola Mobility wireless phone business and will close or consolidate about one-third of Motorola's 90 locations.
The reductions represent about 20 percent of Motorola Mobility's 20,000 employees, and two-third of the job cuts will take place outside of the U.S. The company said Monday that Motorola Mobility has lost money in 14 of the past 16 quarters.
Google said the changes are intended to make the unit profitable, but warned that investors should expect the business's revenue to fluctuate over the next few quarters.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program