This past week saw the release of the jobs report for the month of July, which means that just three more reports will be issued before Election Day. The July jobs report had information for both political parties to try and capitalize on -- 163,000 jobs were added, but the unemployment rate ticked up 0.1 percentage point to make the national tally 8.3 percent. But of course, jobs and economy are to the 2012 election what terrorism and Iraq were in 2004, and what George W. Bush's legacy was in 2008: the biggest issue.
So while these reports are worth following, their influence actually might be waning the closer we get to election day. That's among this week's top stories for those looking to getting a job.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.0% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Earn Unlimited 1.5x Miles for Every Dollar Spent on All Purchases
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the Summer
- These 5 Cards Are No Risk, All Reward. Save today!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program