Olympic icon Michael Phelps might take the gold in swimming, but he doesn't even get a bronze when it comes to selling real estate.
Phelps has sold his swanky Baltimore condo, but he took a $400,000 loss on the pad, TMZ reported.
AOL Real Estate contacted the Realtor representing Phelps' home (the website still shows the condo as being on the market), but she refused to disclose whether or not the place had sold. Until we can get confirmation, we can at least get a glimpse into the life of the most decorated Olympian of all time.
Phelps purchased the condo for $1.699 million in 2007, right before the housing market crashed. It has three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, two half-bathrooms and 4,000 square feet of floor space. The modern interior is outfitted with brick, steel and glass, and it features hardwood floors. Fit for a champion swimmer, the apartment is located on Baltimore's Inner Harbor, with city and water views, and the building has a heated indoor swimming pool and fitness center.
Phelps listed the apartment in March for $1.42 million, and, according to TMZ, he recently sold it for $1.25 million.
See more pictures of Phelps' condo below.
Olympic Stadiums Then and Now
Athens Olympics Stadium in Decay (PHOTOS)
Astrodome, World's '8th Wonder,' Lies Abandoned (PHOTOS)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate, or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebookand Pinterest.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program