At a recent ngmoco / Mobage media event, we were introduced to Monster Tracker, an upcoming iOS and Android game from ngmoco's Holland-based studio Rough Cookie. The game is due to release for free on both platforms sometime this month, but while monster collection games are nothing new, ngmoco's Clive Downie assures us that Monster Tracker will be the new "Pokemon for the Pokemon generation."
While full details concerning Monster Tracker's gameplay are still under wraps, we do know that the game will allow you to "travel the world, discover monsters, size up the opposition and head into battle." Each monster has an environmental affiliation that will dominate or suffer when paired up against other elements (think rock, paper, scissors), and we'll be able to trade creatures with friends to fill out our own personal "monster scrapbooks."
Collecting new monsters will allow you to unlock new environments and powers, and the game itself will utilize both touch and gesture based gameplay, allow for pinch-and-zoom and accelerometer based exploration of environments. We'll make sure to bring you additional news about Monster Tracker as we learn more, so stay tuned!
Are you excited to try Monster Tracker on either iOS or Android? Do you think there's room for another major "monster collection" game on mobile? Sound off in the comments!
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Save on La Mer, Jo Malone and more luxury beauty brands during the …
- New dads vs. experienced dads — hilarious TikTok couple show the diffe…
- 5 jeans under $60 to get from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card