In the weeks since the Supreme Court ruled on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka "Obamacare," debates have raged over what the law will mean and how it will affect the average American. Last week, I explored several myths about the health care reform law. Generally, they were based on mischaracterizations that opponents of the law used in their attempts to discredit it.
But some of the rumors about the PPACA contain at least a grain of truth -- and some of the law's requirements may have unintended consequences. With that in mind, here's a look at five Obamacare rumors that are at least partly true -- and some of the ways that those may affect you.
Bruce Watson is a senior features writer for DailyFinance. You can reach him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow him on Twitter at @bruce1971.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap