Overall payroll growth remains subpar and disappointing, but these states, including a few surprise ones, are showing healthy and diverse growth.
For many, the economic recovery won't be real until there's solid job creation every month. Though the pace of hiring picked up in 2011-2012, recent months have been disappointing. June payroll data released July 6 were no different. The economy created 80,000 jobs during the month, below economists' forecasts. Still, in the 12 months between CNBC.com's 2011 and 2012 Top States for Business, the economy has created 1.8 million jobs -- by far the most since the 2006-2007 period.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Do You Know the Fastest Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program