Overall payroll growth remains subpar and disappointing, but these states, including a few surprise ones, are showing healthy and diverse growth.
For many, the economic recovery won't be real until there's solid job creation every month. Though the pace of hiring picked up in 2011-2012, recent months have been disappointing. June payroll data released July 6 were no different. The economy created 80,000 jobs during the month, below economists' forecasts. Still, in the 12 months between CNBC.com's 2011 and 2012 Top States for Business, the economy has created 1.8 million jobs -- by far the most since the 2006-2007 period.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold