Games.com is a high-energy team focused on improving the games space, for our users, developers, advertisers and publishers. Working at Games.com you will find creative people who are passionate about all things games, constantly changing technologies, and having fun.
We are split into three key focus areas:
• Games.com Platform - a device-agnostic, multi-revenue stream platform that caters to developers both large and small to provide the best monetization, distribution and analytics.
• Games.com Destination - industry-leading games site with a custom experience tailored specifically to each user, in each geography, on any device.
• Games.com Network - white-label solutions to hundreds of publishers across the AOL network, Ad.com network and other partners.
Join our Dulles, VA and New York, NY teams to work in these three key areas making Games.com the leader in gameplay, monetization and distribution.
About the Role:
Games.com is looking for a lead back end engineer. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing back end features and will help with the integration of partner game content into our Games.com database. We are looking for someone with a strong passion for the games industry, who is detail oriented and has experience working with large data sets. We are looking for an engineer that isn't afraid of solving complex problems and that doesn't get bogged down by the little details. We are in search of a great technical leader who is comfortable with every stage of the software lifecycle. You should be able to easily transition between languages and be expert in at least one. Most importantly, you should know how to have fun.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-7 years of directly related experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and accuracy while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming and demonstrated experience developing in Java
• Experience with scripting languages like PHP, Perl, Python, etc.
• Experience with Web Server technologies (Apache, Tomcat)
• Experience with Mongo; VoltDB experience is a plus
• Experience with version control software (GIT, SVN, CVS)
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States. We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.