By Donna Fuscaldo
Working a temporary job doesn't have to be a short-term gig. Play your cards right and you can parlay a temp position into a full-time job.
In the current job environment employers are increasingly turning to staffing agencies to test out candidates before bringing them on full time, which bodes well for job seekers considering a temp job. According to Tracey Goldthwaite, vice president of human resources staffing agency Randstad Human Resources, in the first quarter of this year Randstad saw the highest volume of candidates convert into full-time positions. "The economy is improving and organizations need to get their teams up and running quickly," says Goldthwaite. "They are more open to bringing on temp employees rather than go through an extended interview process."
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program