Although it's hard to predict what the future will hold, we've come up with a list of 15 cities that we think will be hot in 20 years.
To compile this list we looked at job growth, population growth and demographics, affordability, livability, and the health and well being of the residents.
We also considered how the city is innovating in terms of technology, sustainability, culture, and more. And we thought about how "cool" the city is -- an important factor in attracting the young, creative types who will make the city hot.
We looked at how the next generation will influence the city -- whether they're hipsters, tech-savvy pros, artists or environmentalists. The cities that made this list vary greatly, but they all have one thing in common: great people and great ideas.
See more on Business Insider:
Here's Why Hawaii Is Truly The Happiest State in America
Go Inside The World's Largest Treehouse, Which Was Inspired by God
The 10 Best States for Deals on Foreclosures
More on AOL :
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Cards For Winter 2022
- 3 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold