For all of you match-3 mavens who have been breathlessly awaiting Zynga's new match-3 game, Ruby Blast, the wait is now over.
This new Facebook game is very similar to one of my favorite play modes in Bejeweled 3 -- Diamond Mine -- where a click on three or more of the same colored blocks will blast them apart, allowing you to mine downward into the earth and collect anything you might find there (like, rubies, for instance). Ruby Blast doesn't have the same slick production as Bejeweled 3, but then again, you can play it for free, ponying up for extra energy when you run out or extra power-ups to help you secure a high spot on the game's leaderboard.
On a broader note, it's interesting that Zynga seems to looking to the more classic casual game types for its new material, rather than launching any other 'Ville' games. In the past two weeks, the launch lineup has included a matching game, a slots game and now a match-3/collapse game. What's next -- a time management game a la Diner Dash?
For more details, check out our full run-down of Ruby Blast here. Stay tuned for a full review in the not-too-distant future.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- FYI, the perfect button-up shirt is available on Amazon for less th…
- If you only get one thing from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it has …
- 7-year-old stuns mom by secretly spending $6,000 in iPad app add-ons: …
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card