For all of you match-3 mavens who have been breathlessly awaiting Zynga's new match-3 game, Ruby Blast, the wait is now over.
This new Facebook game is very similar to one of my favorite play modes in Bejeweled 3 -- Diamond Mine -- where a click on three or more of the same colored blocks will blast them apart, allowing you to mine downward into the earth and collect anything you might find there (like, rubies, for instance). Ruby Blast doesn't have the same slick production as Bejeweled 3, but then again, you can play it for free, ponying up for extra energy when you run out or extra power-ups to help you secure a high spot on the game's leaderboard.
On a broader note, it's interesting that Zynga seems to looking to the more classic casual game types for its new material, rather than launching any other 'Ville' games. In the past two weeks, the launch lineup has included a matching game, a slots game and now a match-3/collapse game. What's next -- a time management game a la Diner Dash?
For more details, check out our full run-down of Ruby Blast here. Stay tuned for a full review in the not-too-distant future.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In H…
- Chicago Fire Star Taylor Kinney Had A Surprising Upbringing That Most …
- The Truth Behind Jeffrey Dahmer’s Brutal Fate In Prison Is Revealed
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This perfectly ‘cozy’ (and affordable!) teddy fleece jacket will ke…
- More than 12,000 Amazon shoppers swear by Crockpot’s electric lunch bo…
- These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a carry-…
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation