In a world of 5,000-square-foot suburban homes, charming bungalows and soaring loft space, my little ranch sometimes seems to pale in comparison.
I have often stared at the front of my home, wondering how to make it look more like the beautiful Colonial down the street or how to give it a rustic, log cabin feel. Sometimes I even dream about a second story addition and twin chimneys. Then I give up and realize that I will never win trying to make my ranch style home into something that it is not. Instead, I need to focus on the characteristics that make a ranch unique and capitalize on them.
Adding unique entryways, paths and other landscape features can emphasize the natural lines and materials of the ranch home. Today we are going to take a look at some ranch style homes that are not your average ranch. They have added features that make the ranch sexy again.
Read more on Houzz:
Photos: Browse 40k+ Exterior Design Photos
Ideas: Browse Thousands of Outdoor Products
Help: Find an Architect in Your Area
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.0% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Earn Unlimited 1.5x Miles for Every Dollar Spent on All Purchases
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the Summer
- These 5 Cards Are No Risk, All Reward. Save today!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program