Draw Something isn't that difficult of a game, but if you don't speak English, guessing the correct word for a friend's drawing presents an almost impossible challenge. That changed today, when Zynga announced the launch of Draw Something in 12 new languages, including French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
Most of the new game versions will offer translated user interfaces and dictionaries, as well as localized cultural references. The Simplified Chinese version even includes English words that are meaningful for a Chinese audience.
Draw Something is based on connections between friends: one player draws something, and another player guesses the word correctly before taking their turn to draw. Rewards for correct guesses include coins and new color shades.
Of course, the launch of these new game versions wouldn't be complete without a famous sponsor. Who pays attention to anything if a celebrity isn't involved? Stepping in to fill the void are Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez, international stars who Zynga is betting will popularize Words With Friends beyond America's borders.
If normal words just aren't entertaining enough, you have the option of selecting the new "JLo Enrique" option and playing with words chosen by the superstars themselves. To enhance your experience, you can follow JLo and Enrique on Twitter as they share thoughts about Draw Something and lead up to their North American tour beginning July 14th. Unfortunately, the stars haven't tweeted anything about Draw Something yet (although the info could be hidden between the huge number of exclamation points in the celebrity tweets).
"Draw Something has only been available to players in English since its launch and became a cultural phenomenon across the globe. We are excited to be able to give back to our players around the world by offering an experience that is more locally relevant to them." said David Ko, chief mobile officer for Zynga.
Draw Something is available free on the App Store and Google Play, and can be played on Facebook and on Sina Weibo, China's largest social networking site.
- Latest mortgage news: Virus news pushes rates down this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- How To Pay Off Your House ASAP (It's So Simple)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Put your leftover gingerbread to good use with these recipes
- Does the viral cloud bread TikTok recipe live up to the hype?
- Popular TikToker shares his top three foods that cost only $1
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now