Will Zynga start making Farmville for Xbox? Probably not, but the 50 employees it gained through a talent acquisition of video game maker Buzz Monkey are used to working on projects like the Tomb Raider Trilogy for PS3 and Wii, reports TechCrunch.
Buzz Monkey will become Zynga's Eugene, Oregon office. Zynga has worked with Buzz Monkey before on games like Frontierville, so the two companies have a past. Zynga is also used to buying smaller game companies and turning them into satellite offices.
However, Buzz Monkey doesn't make free-to-play, mass-market games like the other companies Zynga has acquired. With the price of the acquisition so low that Zynga didn't even have to complete a SEC filing, the move certainly does't signal a change of direction for the company. But for those of us itching to swing a Wii ax while cutting trees on Frontierville, it could be a reason for hope.
As Zynga expands its gaming library, it may eventually branch out into different types of games. Venture Beat reports that Zynga recently hired Joshua Ortega, a Gears of War 2 writer, as a senior narrative designer, perhaps in an effort to move into more narrative games.
Buzz Monkey was started in 2001 by four former employees of Dynamix, and has previously partnered with Eidos and Activision, reports TechCrunch.
Would you play Farmville on XBox? Or should Zynga stick to online gaming?
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- Latest HELOC news: Rates flirt with 8%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From the Bank – Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Harry And Meghan May Return To The Crown Under One Condition
- Amazon Employees Revealed The Truth About Working In The Warehouse
- What The Cast Of A Christmas Story Looks Like Now
- 7 Mistakes People Make When Hiring Financial Advisors
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Dad greets son at airport with traditional Māori Haka: ‘Not a dry e…
- Mom parodies different phases of being a parent in hilariously relatab…
- Photographer’s ‘faceless’ Christmas photos can help protect little one…
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Cards For Winter 2022
- 3 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024