Looking for somewhere to store your submarine? Well you're in luck! The Norwegian government is selling its Olavsvern Naval Base, and it's listed for a cool $17.5 million.
The base comes with 145,000 square feet of surface building space and a 27,000-square-foot quay. There is also a submarine dry dock, a tunnel system and emergency system power. But the real kicker is a submarine hangar built deep inside a bomb-proof mountain.
A little closer to home, and a bit homier, is this once top-secret military compound that's still on the market in Los Angeles. Unlike the one in Norway, this base has been artfully converted into a luxurious residence.
If you're the kind of person who's attracted to the feeling of security that comes with owning a military base, you might also be interested in purchasing some prisons. As we wrote recently, New York state closed down seven correctional facilities last year, and is now attempting to sell them off.
Kansas Missile Silo's Luxury Condos Sell Out
A Castle Made of Car Parts and Other Junkyard Finds
More on AOL :
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter @AOLRealEstate, or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, get $200 fast with this top card
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Results are in: Best cards of 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program