A New York City townhouse rumored to have once been home to the Rolling Stones has just hit the market for $7.95 million.
According to the home's owner, the picturesque, five-story Greenwich Village property was a crash pad for the iconic rock 'n' roll band for a brief time in the 1960s and was where they wrote the hits "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Paint It Black."
"My sense is that the owner's story is very accurate," listing agent Jeremy V. Stein tells AOL Real Estate. "While the Rolling Stones didn't own the house, I do believe they did live there at some point."
Also, the home was once owned by German American illustrator and puppeteer Tony Sarg (who is credited with coming up with the idea in the 1920s of making giant inflatable cartoon figures part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade).
According to the listing, the Anglio-Italianate home has kept many of its original details, such as ornate plaster medallions and crown moldings, nine fireplaces with white marble mantels, skylights and an elliptical stairway. The 4,930-square-foot home features five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and a stunning, south-facing garden.
If, in fact, it was once the dwelling of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and crew, it joins a slew of other former homes of rock celebrities, including Amy Winehouse's London apartment, Beatle George Harrison's Swiss mansion and Michael Jackson's California chateau.
Jeremy V. Stein and Robin Stein of Sotheby's International Realty have the listing.
Trump Tower Penthouse Now Chicago's Top-Priced Listing
Chris Brown Selling His West Hollywood Bachelor Pad
'Bachelorette' House Looking for Love at a New Price
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold