Sorry Michael Jordan, your house no longer belongs in our gallery of most expensive listings in each state. The 89th floor penthouse at Trump Tower in Chicago just listed at a record-shattering $32 million, over twice as much as the most-expensive Chicago residence ever sold.
The penthouse's 14,260 square feet of empty space claims to be the highest residence in the Western Hemisphere. Not surprisingly, it has an incredible 360-degree view (through its 16-foot-high windows) of a landscape that includes Chicago's skyline and Lake Michigan. But so far that's all it really has; as the listing puts it, "the new owner will have opportunity to build out the unit to their specifications with endless possibilities." The space is designed to include five bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
See Curbed Chicago's coverage for more details.
Chris Brown Selling His West Hollywood Bachelor Pad
Terrell Owens Faces 3rd Foreclosure This Year
'Bachelorette' House Looking for Love at a New Price
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program