6Waves' latest free-to-play mobile game, Cowboy Cat, throws us on the side of the cat in the never-ending rivalry between cats and mice, as we'll be placed in charge of a single feline soldier, armed with two pistols, unlimited ammo and a desire to kill. Inspired by whack-a-mole, Cowboy Cat requires that you hold your device horizontally with both hands, and sees bomb-wielding mice appearing at either side of the screen that must be shot by simply tapping on each mouse before their bombs can detonate.
Cowboy Cat comes with three different game modes that differ in difficulty and the speed at which mice appear, but only the Classic Mode is available at the start. Each time you play the game, you'll have three lives or strikes to "waste" before eventually failing. You'll lose a life if you tap on the screen when a mouse isn't present, or if a bomb is allowed to explode, and you'll gain a single coin for each 50 kills you earn. You can then take these coins into the store and purchase the remaining two gameplay modes. Easy Play sees the mice appearing at a slower rate, while Ultimate Play is for experts only, allowing mice to appear at random locations on the screen. Unfortunately, these modes require thousands of coins to unlock, which encourages purchasing them with real world cash just to save time.
Regardless of the mode, the game is more comfortable to play while actually holding your device, rather than having it sitting flat on a table, but if your hands are physically small (in the case of the iPad version), you might have a hard time stretching your thumb to reach the mice at the top or bottom of the screen as they start to appear so rapidly. Obviously, if you play on the iPhone, this won't be an issue.
All told, Cowboy Cat is an incredibly basic and often hectic take on whack-a-mole that comes with deliberately bland graphics and some difficult missions to complete as long-term goals. It's a free experience, and therefore worth downloading to at least try, but it might not have the staying power 6Waves probably hopes for.
Click here to download Cowboy Cat on iTunes --->
Have you tried Cowboy Cat on iPhone or iPad? How do you think the game plays on iPad in terms of stretching your fingers / thumbs to play? Sound off in the comments.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Tasty vegan pies that should be on your dessert menu
- People can’t get over how comfy these $40 sneakers are: ‘It feels like…
- Easy and inexpensive dinner ideas under $25
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021