You might expect a lingerie warehouse to have a pretty lax dress code for its employees. But a New Jersey woman claims that she was fired for her "too hot" outfits. Her Orthodox Jewish employers didn't appreciate her busty physique and form-fitting clothing, even thought they sold, in her words, "thongs with hearts placed in the female genital area and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."
Lauren Odes, 29, did data entry at the Native Intimates warehouse for a week in late April. She says that she asked what the dress code was, and was told just to check out what everyone else was wearing. "So I did," Odes (pictured at left) said at a press conference on Monday. "The dress was very casual athletic wear to business attire."
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap