By now, you've likely played one of the many 60-second puzzle games available on Facebook and elsewhere. Whether it's Bejeweled Blitz, Diamond Dash or even older classics like Collapse, the formula of matching three or more like colored symbols is nothing new. In keeping with this theme is Gamehouse's Mystic Ice Blast on Facebook, a game so similar to Diamond Dash that it might as well be called a clone.
In each 60-second round, you'll need to click on groupings of three or more like-colored gems, destroying them from the screen. The twist here comes in the replacement of gems, as they appear from the bottom of the screen, rather than falling in from the top. Otherwise, the gameplay is as you'd expect: you'll unlock boosts that can clear whole rows or columns from the board, can activate a sort of frenzy mode if you play fast enough (where clicking on matching groups creates large explosions across the board) and so on. Performing well means that point multipliers will be added to the board, increasing your chance of a high score, and these scores will be compared to those of your friends on the game's weekly resetting leaderboard. Rounding out the package are lives that limit how many games you can play before taking a break and a coin / store system that allows you to purchase up to three power-ups that can be used in each game (adding more time the clock, destroying all gems of a single color, etc.).
Similarities aside, the gameplay here is technically sound, with no game-breaking bugs popping up during our time with the game. Likewise, the graphical theme is bright and lovely, with ice crystals surrounding the board that fill with rainbow lights as you make matches in rapid succession. Everything works the way that it should, including the calming soundtrack, but it's nothing we haven't seen and played before... a lot.
If you're looking for yet another match-three puzzle game on Facebook, by all means give Mystic Ice Blast a try. Just don't be surprised if all of your friends are still playing Diamond Dash or any number of other like games that came first.
Click here to try Mystic Ice Blast on Facebook --->
Have you tried Mystic Ice Blast on Facebook? Do you think it has enough staying power to compete with Diamond Dash? Sound off in the comments.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Amazon shoppers love these 6 cleaning products because they’re just…
- Lulus has a ton of summer dresses on sale — and these ones are all $25…
- Don’t know how to use your air fryer? This cheat sheet can help
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022