We thought $40 million was expensive, but this new listing blows most of our multimillion-dollar mansions right out of the water. At a whopping $59 million, this Nantucket listing could end in the biggest Massachusetts home sale ever.
The sprawling mansion, located in the historic Swain's Neck compound of Nantucket Island, is currently owned by the estate of Russell Dale Phelon, who owned the engine electronics manufacturer, R.E. Phelon Co. Even without a buyer, it's currently New England's most expensive publicly listed home and is one of America's 20 most expensive listings. According to Forbes, if the 70-acre compound sells even close to its asking price, "it will dash regional records."
"That's not surprising," the home's listing agent, Gary Winn of Sotheby's International Realty, tells AOL Real Estate. "I mean have you seen it? The home's just incredible."
And we'd have to agree. A cool (more like icy!) $59 million will certainly buy you a level of comfort you won't find even in the swankiest of Mitt Romney's McMansions. We're talking nine massive bedrooms, including a master suite with a private deck and fireplace, a parlor with wet bar and fireplace, a media room, and a chef's kitchen that would make Mario Batali proud. Throw in some "spectacular, unobstructed" views over Polpis Harbor, and acres upon acres of rolling green surrounds, and you have yourself the idyllic New England hideaway.
Main residence aside, the colossal property offers a two-bedroom guest cottage, a boathouse, an octagonal office building and a sports court. Plus a private beach and three boat moorings.
Oh, there are also two fenced-in pastures for horse-riding. Naturally.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold