Medieval kingdom-building games are "all the rage" these days, from games like Zynga's CastleVille on Facebook to the still popular We Rule from ngmoco. Another entry in that series is Game Insight's Enchanted Realm HD, which allows players to interact with their favorite fairytale characters of their youth while building a prospering kingdom all their own.
From the beginning, Enchanted Realm offers fairly basic city-building play, allowing you to plant crops to earn supplies, with those supplies working to operate various businesses, like a marketplace or mill (as but two examples). You'll spend energy to complete most in-game actions, and will level up over time to unlock new items that can be built in your kingdom. If you wish to increase the payout of your kingdom's homes or businesses, you can place a variety of decorations nearby, and will be able to expand your land to hold more of these items by using your coin savings.
An in-game quest system moves the story along, and will eventually introduce popular fairytale characters to your kingdom, from the sorcerer Merlin to the Brave Little Tailor or the Snow Queen. All along the way, you'll need to keep an eye out for the evil Morgana, a sorceress that wishes to ruin your kingdom.
As a freemium mobile game, the expected premium currency system is in place here, with Crystals allowing you to speed up the payout of buildings or unlock and purchase special items from the store. The game also offers some light social features via Game Center, Facebook and Twitter integration, allowing you to share your individual friend code with others and add your own friends in the same way.
If you're looking for a bright, colorful city-builder with a medieval twist to play on your iPad, you now download Enchanted Realm HD for free on iTunes.
Click here to download Enchanted Realm HD on iTunes --->
Have you tried Enchanted Realm HD on your iPad? What do you think of the game's inclusion of real world fairytale stories, in addition to its own fiction? Sound off in the comments.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- These luxury bed sheets are ‘the softest in the world’ — and they’r…
- Shop these 10 majorly viral TikTok home products for cheap at the 4th …
- 15 of the best 4th of July kitchen deals to grab on Amazon
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You