We're suckers for a gorgeous home with a bit of star factor, but one that was (reportedly) the rendezvous hideaway of Marilyn Monroe and President John F. Kennedy? This one we gotta see!
Forty miles outside of Los Angeles and abutting a stunning nature preserve sits the Farralone Estate, with a glass house that was purportedly the place where Miss Monroe and JFK would tryst. Though Monroe didn't actually own the property, it was a home of her friend, Frank Sinatra, who would throw huge Hollywood-style parties at which Monroe was frequently a guest. Our friends at Curbed and Zillow have reported that Monroe would apparently entertain a "frequent presidential visitor" at the Farralone Estate's cozy guesthouse.
Whether the whispers are true or not, the home itself is pretty star-worthy by its own merits. The estate spans 13.5 acres and the stunning, glass-walled main home is an incredible 10,000 square feet. Apparently, the designers built "50 percent of the home out of glass" that has withstood the test of time.
The home's guesthouse, where Monroe allegedly stayed, is a modest 1,000 square feet, and though it only has one bedroom and 1½ bathrooms, it boasts its own pool. The rest of the sprawling property features a vineyard and equestrian trails.
So how much is a home that's supposedly fit for a president (on occasion)? Farralone Estate will run you a cool $12 million.
Former Nazi Watch Tower Converts to Chic Luxury Home
Donald Trump Demands Scotland Dump Wind-Turbine Plans
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold