Ice Age Village: A Getting Started Guide
- To get playing Ice Age Village, you'll need to download it first by clicking on the "Play Now" button at the top of this page. Once you've downloaded the app, you can go ahead and tap on its icon to get playing.
- The first time you load the game, you will be asked to update it. This will take a few minutes to complete, so just be patient.
- Now that the formalities are out of the way, you can get to playing! You'll be introduced to Manny, Sid and friends while you help them build new homes.
Building New Homes
- Once you have finished the introduction with the characters, you will be taken to the main gameplay area where you'll end up playing most of the game.
- Tap on the "Stuff" icon to be taken to the menu where you'll find all of the different items you can build within the game. From the top, we have Shop, Nursery, Collection, Friends and Options.
- For now, let's go ahead and tap on Shop so we can start building some new homes.
- Here, you'll see a list of items you can purchase organized into different categories. Sloths are available to purchase right from the start, both for coins and acorns.
- To purchase the Sloth habitats, tap on the Sloth and then you will be taken into placement mode. Here, you can drag around the habitat until you have decided on a permanent location for it. Once you're satisfied with the location, tap on the green checkmark to place it down.
- Now that we have a sloth, we need to find a companion for it so that they won't be lonely in their habitat. To do so, tap on the newly built habitat, then on the "Find Companion" button to have a new companion come into the habitat. With more than one animal in a habitat, you can breed them.
- Now that you know how to build new habitats, you now know how to build any of the available structures in the game.
- After a certain amount of time passes, the habitats and buildings will come up for collection. All you have to do is tap on them to collect the coins from them. For habitats, you'll need to then feed the animals (tap again) before they will start generating more coins.
- When you have more than one of a single type of animal within a habitat, you can then breed them to make babies and therefore have a new family to enjoy.
- Breeding is very easy to do, and only requires a few steps to complete. To breed, tap on the habitat in which you wish to have a baby in. Then, tap on the "Baby" button, which will cost you a certain amount of coins each time you do this.
- Now an egg will be placed in the nest, and you can wait for it to hatch or spend acorns to have it hatched instantly. Acorns do cost real money to acquire however, and should only be used sparingly.
- Once the egg has hatched, you'll need to make sure you come back and retrieve it as soon as possible. Failing to do so will result in the loss of the baby, and you'll have to hatch a whole new egg to get another.
- When you finish hatching an egg, you will be given the opportunity to to play a mini-game. To play this mini-game, just swipe your finger across the egg to "rub" it. The time will eventually run out, but you can earn a sizeable coin bonus if you play your cards right.
- You can breed up to 2 babies in each habitat, at which point that particular 'family' will be complete, and generate more coins. All the more incentive to build additional habitats.
Kung Fu Scrat
- At some point while playing the game, Sid will approach you about building the "Kung Fu Scrat" mini-game so the animals can have some fun.
- You can find "Kung Fu Scrat" in the special section of the shop. You can place it down anywhere you like just as you did with the other buildings and habitats.
- Once it's placed, go ahead and tap on it., then tap on "Play Game". You'll be taken to the main screen, where you'll see that it costs 1 Gem to play (or no gems if you just want to practice).
- Each day you can come here and play for a chance to win the daily special prize.
- Playing "Kung Fu Scrat" is very easy, as all you have to do is swipe at the piranhas that fly over Scrat. Do not swipe at the puffer fish or you will lose points.
- After a few seconds, the mini game will be over and you'll be shown the results. If you are not happy with the result, you can wait until tomorrow to come back and try again for free or you can spend acorns to retry instantly.
- If you're a big Ice Age fan, you can watch a short film if you build the movie theater.
- You can find the theater under the Special category in the shop. Build it just like anything else.
- If you tap on the completed theater, you can watch "Scrat's Continental Crack-Up" which is the short film, and a nice little bonus if you're an Ice Age fan.
You have completed the quick start guide for Ice Age Village. While the ice age may be ending, you're village will prosper under your guidance with the tips here. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus previews, reviews, news and more!
This article originally appeared on Gamezebo.